Carrying your baby in a safe and supported sling, no matter what style or brand, can have lots of benefits for you baby.
Here are just a few:
- Bonding it encourages baby to develop a strong sense of security and will help independence in the long term.
- Being close to a parent and skin-to-skin can help baby regulate there temperature and breathing. This is especially beneficial to preterm babies.
- A carried infant cries less and for shorter periods this aids restfulness and sleep.
- Being carried in an upright position can help with reflux, colic and reduce posseting.
- With each movement you make, baby makes tiny adjustments in the sling, he;ping tone and develop muscle development.
- Good hip and leg positioning in a sling can help strengthen babies hip development.
- Carrying a baby reduces the risk of ‘flat head’ syndrome caused by babies spending prolonged periods on their back.
- It is though babies who are carried develop good communication skills due to being up and able to observe faces and hear voices.
Find out more about our babywearing products and workshops at www.nurtured-baby.com
Hello – I’m Nicole Hepburn, mother of three and owner of Nurtured Baby. I am a baby massage instructor and specialise in cloth nappies and babywearing – working with families for over 10-years.